Saturday, January 3, 2009

What a blessing!

It was so nice to go to bed last night and then wake up this morning, and not be in the hospital. Yesterday after I was discharged Trey and I checked into the Ronald McDonald House. It has already proven to be such a blessing. It is way more than I expected. Here I thought I was just going to have a roof over my head, a place to sleep while we waited for Cannon to be discharged. I was pleasantly surprised! We not only have a place to sleep, but a home away from home. We have 3 meals provided a day, plus access to a large surplus of food in the pantry. There is more than we could ever imagine needing. There is a place to do laundry, a movie room, game room. It's just amazing. I am so thankful to have this place to call home while we are away from home. As stressful as it is to be away, and have Cannon in the hospital not knowing how long we will be here, we have peace knowing what a great place we are in. We have already met several other families staying here that are going through similar situations. The Lord has truly blessed us this week, we are eternally grateful.
And of course thank you for all your continued thoughts and prayers!
Trey, Ali, & Cannon

No comments: