Monday, January 5, 2009

Todays update

There's not a whole lot of news from today. Cannon's ultrasound of his head that was done yesterday did show a slight increase in fluid. The neurosurgeon said today that they would continue to watch, and maybe make a decision tomorrow on whether or not we need a shunt. I am really praying that he doesn't need one. However if that is what he needs, then that's what we want. We definitely want what is best for Cannon. We are also continuing to watch the incision on his back. There are a couple of bad spots where the skin tissue is dying. They are not that concerned, just want to watch at this point. It did start bleeding a little bit tonight, so he is supposed to come look at it. Cannon's nurse and I felt like the incision had changed a little since this morning.
I have been nursing him today, and he's doing well. He will nurse at all feeding times if I am here, otherwise he'll be fed through his tube (he is not bottle feeding as well. But that's not a bad thing.) I have also cathed him twice and have been doing diaper changes while I am here.

Well I think that is it for now. I hope that you enjoy all the new pictures!!!

1 comment:

Kim, Aaron, Jake and Jack said...

I loved all the pictures. He is so sweet! I hope things continue to go well. Thinking of yall a lot and prayers are still going up! We love yall.