Sunday, December 7, 2008

23 days and counting...

Last Thursday I got a call from the nurse practitioner at my doctor in Ft. Worth's office. She said they wanted to put me on the schedule for an amniocentesis on Dec. 26th. Then if Cannon's lungs are mature we will have a C-section on....DECEMBER 30th!!!
Cannon will end up being a 2008 baby after all. It has been a little overwhelming to try to wrap my mind back around a December birth. I had prepared myself for the middle of January. Now we only have 23 more days!!
We also found a rent house here in Clyde. It's a 4 bedroom/2 bath house, it will be a great size for having visitors! Which I am very excited!! I would love to have my family come visit us at any time. We will be moving into it this coming weekend. And the following weekend we are going to New Caney for Christmas with my mom's family, we missed it last year so I am very excited to be able to go. (Dr.s have given me the O.K.)
The next week is Christmas, meaning that Friday will be the 26th. When you break it all down, with all of our upcoming events Cannon will be here before we know it. I can't believe it. It seems like we just found out we were pregnant!!!
On another note, a friend which I have met since finding out Cannon has spina bifida, will be having her C-section this week.Their daughter Brooklyn has also been diagnosed with SB. Please pray for their family as they are going through a whirlwind this week. I pray that God carries them through without complications. We know He will provide.

Please continue to pray for us. The next 23 days are going to fly by and I can only imagine it will be the beginning of an emotional roller coaster.
As always thank you for all your love a support!!
Trey & Ali

3 comments:

Kim said...

Love you so much. Still praying daily for you and your sweet baby Cannon. Can't wait to meet him!

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,

You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Much love and big hugs,

Nikki (Aunt Nelda's middle daughter)

Anonymous said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers as your big day approaches! We can't wait to see your sweet baby boy!!!