Friday, September 19, 2008



Last Thursday we met with the pediatric neurosurgeon at Cook's Childrens. Trey and I really liked Dr. Honeycutt, he was very knowledgable and personable. He basically said that we have to wait until Cannon is born to find out the severity. That was kind of discouraging, but nothing we didn't know. No two babies are the same, even if their lesion is in the same place and the same size, they are all unique and the severity can differ. I understand that in that position you would have to be careful what you tell the parents. You wouldn't want to say "oh your child will be this way" then they are born and you find that they aren't as well off. So that makes sense. Trey and I are just trying to remain positive and continue to pray that God heals him before he's born.


Our secondary prayer request is now that things work out for our "home" hunting. We aren't really sure what we are looking for or where we will end up. But it has become very stressful. Please keep that in your prayers.


And lastly...I finally took a picture of me getting bigger...Some days I feel big and some days I don't. I have really been enjoying feeling Cannon swimming around in my belly. I can't wait to meet him!!!


And here's just one of me and Trey!

3 comments:

Leah J. said...

First of all, your belly pic is so cute! Your tummy is so tiny!!
Secondly, I continue to pray that Cannon is healed and that mommy and daddy continue to push on through this tough time of unknowns.
Now I am adding prayers about the house hunt. That can be SO stressful.
Love you!

Tandy said...

Ali!!! Oh my goodness.... I was on michelle's blog...followed a link to jennifer's blog...and then saw yours! How random! I am so happy that it was you! :-) I read through all of your blogs, but i don't want to leave an insanely long email on your blog. So....send me an email at tandymcgee@hotmail.com so we can catch up. Hope to hear from you soon! Love~ tandy

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that I am praying about you all and your precious little baby. He is so adorable! Not much longer......love, Linda Owen