Saturday, November 20, 2010

New Braces!

At the beginning of September Cannon got new KAFO braces. When his knees are locked out, his weight on the braces keep them from bending at the knees so easily. Once he learns how to work them, it will be easier to walk. We still have a long long way to go, but he is working hard. Here is is showing off his new skills.

 I just had to throw this one in too! He likes to eat toaster struedels in the morning. You have to click on it and look at that sweet, messy face just a bit larger.
 Getting ready to excersise!


 He uses the bar to pull up, but then gets a little lazy and just leans or hangs on it. LOL!
We are still hoping to be walking soon!

3 comments:

Jodi said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Cannon! Such a stud! Keep up that hard work, cutie pie!

Kim said...

He is SOOOOOOO cute! Love the comment about just gets lazy and leans on the bar! Cracked me up! What an adorable little man! Love yall!

Courtney Beyer said...

Hi Ali,

I stumbled upon your blog, and reading few of the entries has given me a very meaningful inside perspective about having a child affected by spina bifida. I am inspired by your courage and touched by the pictures of your family that I had to reach out. My name is Courtney Beyer, and I am the new Study Coordinator at VitaPath Genetics. Earlier this year, we successfully completed the first phase of our landmark study looking at the genetic factors contributing to spina bifida. In conjunction with our academic collaborators at Children’s Hospital Oakland Research Institute (CHORI), Stanford, UC Berkeley and UCSF, we recruited over 1,000 women and their child affected by spina bifida to participate.

Our first phase produced promising results but, we believe that it is appropriate for us to replicate this study in a second, independent group of mothers. We are beginning our second study in early January and are reaching out to more mothers to participate. In order to reach as many women as possible, I would very much appreciate if you could include news about the study in your blog. I also have banners and buttons if you would like to post something on your site. In addition it would be great to connect with you via facebook (search SB Genetics) and twitter @sbgenetics.

I would like to get in contact with you to share more information and answer any questions that you may have. Please email me at CBeyer@vpgenetics.com and visit www.sbgenetics.org. This website gives an in depth explanation of the study as well as a link if you are interested in enrolling. Thank you for taking the time to read my note and I am greatly looking forward to being in contact.

Warmest regards and happy holidays,

Courtney