Thursday, July 9, 2009

The start of a great friendship

Cannon meeting Haelyn~ so sweet!


Neither of them were happy about getting their picture made.

Best Friends!!




Update on Dr. visits from today:
I went to the rheumatologist this morning and he said that I'm okay! He says I don't have the clotting disorder. There was one more lab he wanted drawn today, and said if it was positive then I need to take a baby aspirin everday. If it's negative, then I don't need to do anything. I've been taking an aspirin since I first had my stroke/migraine episode over a year ago. So we started the morning with great news.
We then went over to meet our precious little Haelyn. She's adorable, and I look forward to her and Cannon having play dates.
And this afternoon we went back and had Cannon's ears rechecked. If you remember the last time he had this done it showed moderate hearing loss in the left ear, and that both ears were having auditory nerve problems. They had said they weren't firing right all the time. SOOOOO...
Today he passed with flying colors! The test showed no hearing problems at all. He could hear all the decibels, and they even all the different pitches and his nerves showed that he could hear it. Definitely GREAT news!!!! It's been a great week of appointments. Lots of good check ups.

Now for my requests from all you who may have some experience. We have been working on cereal and baby food for a little over 2 months now. And Cannon isn't doing that well. I don't know what else to do. I dont want to feed him in an infant feeder because I want him to learn to eat with a spoon. He just doesn't like it, and he cries. For some reason he does a lot better with my mom feeding him, but he still seems like he doesn't like it. So what's the trick? He just keeps pushing it out with his tongue. I've tried leaving the spoon in his mouth so he'll kind of suck it off. Not working, as soon as I take it out of his mouth he spits it out. So HELP! PLEASE!

Hope all is well with you all, God Bless!
Love,
Trey, Ali, & Cannon

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I love your updates, he is such a cutie. Can't wait to meet him at Thanksgiving. :)

No need to rush on the baby food, they don't *need* it the first year anyway. Noah didn't take to solids at all til 7 months (we tried at 6, and quit after a few days because he was still pushing them out with his tongue, that is a sign they are not ready) and he wouldn't eat anything but purees until over a year. Now you'd never know it! So I would drop it for a bit and try again in a month or so.