Sunday, February 1, 2009

Preparing for surgery # 5

We are scheduled for surgery at 7:30 in the morning. I have a feeling it will be a long night. Cannon will not have to stop eating until 3 am so that will help, but they will have to do neuro checks about every hour to make sure there are no complications from clamping off his external shunt. (meaning...his shunt is draining the spinal fluid on the outside of his body, into a bag. At midnight they will clamp that off. I'm not 100% sure why, but I'm thinking you would want some fluid in the ventricles of the brain when you go in to put the new shunt. This could possibly cause problems if too much fluid accumulates.) We are praying for no problems. So we will get a new shunt in the morning and come back without a bag, one less tube!! One step closer to home. The only thing left will be his central line, and he only gets hooked up to that every eight hours for about an hour. That will make us feel much more normal. Then we only have to have 48 hours more of antibiotics before we go home. YEA!!! I will do my best to update tomorrow with news on how surgery goes.

Now for some pictures...

These are more of our one month pictures.









After about the second one he just wasn't having it anymore...




We had to have a snack between shots...




Then he pooped in his outfit so he got a wardrobe change.




Pictures from today. Just chillin'




Grandaddy bought me a Tow Mater and he was getting ready to pull me out by my central line. :)




I am ready for the super bowl with my football clothes.

Daddy, Mater, Mommy, and Cannon


I just think this is so sweet!

No comments: